Black Leopard Mountain Lodge
The adventure begins as you arrive; the 800m drop down the mountain in our specially adapted 4x4 vehicles lets you know you're in for a treat! Black Leopard Camp is set in the 6000 hectare malaria free Thaba Tholo Wilderness, and is home to a wide range of mammals, birds and flora.
This tented 'bush-luxury' lodge is owner run and Alan, Lynsey and their management team look forward to welcoming you to this unique lodge and setting. Enjoy a welcome drink on the pool deck with the bubbling stream below and a cliff face rising 500 meters above you.
Attention to detail is the order of the day, and as you settle into your luxury tented units there is the anticipation of "the best night’s sleep" on the large king size beds! Each unit is en-suite with a wonderful outside bathroom that offers a shower and a Victorian ball and claw bath - grab a glass of wine, a good book and soak away the city stress whilst looking at the spectacular views from your bath.
Black Leopard Camp is proudly 'off the grid' and provides its own electricity, water and waste removal. There are two pin plugs in the rooms for charging of phones, lap tops and cameras. Leave the hairdryers at home, but if you really need it we have an area where you can blow dry your hair but only when we run our generator.
Enjoy our famous 'Fireside Fare' or choose our self-catering option in our cosy dining area as well as a couple of drinks in our bar with excellent views over the valley.
Enjoy a game drive or bush walk daily and get to know about the eco system as a whole with our experienced guides. Learn more about our Leopard Research Program and keep your eyes peeled for these wonderful yet elusive creatures.
When we say that Black Leopard Camp is your 'Bush home away from home' we mean it and you'll most definitely leave us as one of the family.
- Luxurious well-appointed en-suite 'safari tents' with all the comfort and services you have come to expect
- Lodge sleeps a maximum of 23 singles or 10 couples
- Enjoy our famous outdoor bush bathroom including Victorian ball and claw bath
- Free WI-FI in communal areas
- Self-catering & fully catered options available
- Chef included for self-catering
- Set in malaria free mountain wilderness
- Breath-taking views
- Eco-friendly 'off the grid' lodge
- Close to Panorama, Lowveld and Greater Kruger routes
- 3 hours from O.R. Tambo International airport (Johannesburg)
- Safe and cosy, ideal for romantic or family getaway
- Kid’s activities on weekends & public holidays
- Curio kiosk, jewellery, t-shirts, caps, bags, sweets etc.
Camp Rates 2018